Friday, January 28, 2011

Honoring the Pain

Ouch! My right knee had been bothering me for about a month. Nothing too bad but always sort of there.

Last weekend I discussed it with my meditation students. I told them how I hadn't been listening to and honoring my body and that I would do something about my knee. And then my knee got better. I believe it's because of the attention I gave to it. I think that it's a combination of mental healing as well as physical because I was more conscious of how my legs were aligned.

Today during meditation I was coming out of a seating posture I don't typically use. Suddenly I found myself with my legs at awkward angles and weight on my knees. Ouch! I knew right then I made a mistake.

Now that the mistake is made and both of my knees are feeling a little sore, I pledge to not mire myself in regret but to give some love and attention to my knees. I will honor them this weekend and work with them to heal as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment