Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 32 Challenge - Finding My Flow

This year I decided to challenge myself to reflect on various Yoga and Buddhist aspects throughout the year. The challenges come from a variety of places including readings in Deborah Adele's Yamas and Niyamas and Thich Nhat Hanh's Heart of the Buddha's Teaching and Happiness.
This week I challenged myself to find my flow. I love activity (or exercise). I love moving my body. But inertia is an amazing thing. If I spend too long sitting still, I can have a hard time getting myself moving on a regular basis again.

I've been working on walking partway to work for a while. This week I challenged myself to walk the entire distance (6 km) and I did it twice.

I love walking and when I do a longer walk like the one to work, I can feel myself getting back into my flow. I get to a point when moving isn't effort, when I feel connected to the earth and all the natural world around me, when I'm just happy.

I feel as if I crossed an imaginary line. I look forward to continuing to enjoy my walks to work and carrying that flow throughout my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment