Sunday, January 23, 2011

Embracing Who You Are

Spoiled Yogi wrote a great post yesterday on guilt and Yoga. To quote a bit of it:
"Feeling guilty doesn't help us reach our health goals. It doesn't make us happier. And it certainly doesn't help us to change our habits or make us better, more balanced people. In fact, feeling guilty about the things that make you who you are is directly contradictory to the practice of Yoga."

I love this! Yoga lets you be who you are and connects you to the truth of who you are. Yoga isn't about the perfect pose. It's not about doing things a certain way. It's about being you, all you! It's about tapping into your inner wisdom and possibly some outer wisdom as well. And, more importantly, Yoga is what you want it to be.

There are reasons I never thought I'd be a Yoga teacher (my weight, my joint issues, my back injury) that I think now make me a great teacher. I love Yoga and that's what I teach. I was initially nervous about teaching meditation since I haven't been doing it as long, but I believe it works because I teach what I know and love.

Be who you are! What matters to you? Embrace that, and let the rest of the little details fall in where they need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment