Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rediscovering Journaling

I have journaled for years. At first it was now and then and then for a couple of years I was writing in my journal every night. Sometimes it was deep, reflective thoughts and sometimes it was light stuff about my day. I found when things were going well in my life I felt like I didn't have a lot to say.

When I went to Yasodhara Ashram last year, it was like a journal binge. We reflected on everything and I wrote pages and pages each day. When I left I wrote in my journal everywhere. And then I started working again and it became inconvenient except at the end of the day.

Recently, I'd wandered away from regular journaling again. I would write in the journal when I felt I had something to say. And I found I was missing the regular reflection. I was missing sharing my thoughts.

So I've recommitted myself to daily journaling. And I'm loving it. I love the chance to check in with myself on what's happened and where my head and heart are at. And when things are going well, I dig a little deeper into my thoughts and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment