Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eating for the Body, Mind and Spirit

I am trying to listen to what my body wants and what my spirit wants when it comes to food. And what do they want?

My body wants light, simple food. Nothing too heavy. Nothing with unpronounceable ingredients. Not too much at one time.

My spirit wants local, vegetarian food. Food with a small ecological footprint.

That seems pretty simple. But then there's the mind that is wedged in there with the body and spirit. What does the mind want?

My mind seeks comfort from food, as it learned to do when I was young. And the comfort it seeks is in meat, heavy food, junk food. Food with a huge ecological footprint.

So I continue to work on finding non-food comfort for my mind to allow my body and spirit to have the food they want.

1 comment: