Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

This is my first experience with Fill in the Blank Friday, brought to us by Lauren at the little things we do....

1. New Year's is (awesome/lame/other) lame. It's like you have higher expectations of a party just because it's held on a specific day. No thanks!

2. Last New Year's Eve I went to the movies with a friend.

3. My New Year's resolution is to continue with the healthy eating, exercising, spiritual work that I've been doing this past week. And to have faith that what happens is what's meant to be.

4. The best way to spend New Year's Eve is cuddled up on the couch with someone watching movies and eating popcorn.

5. My prediction for an up-and-coming trend in 2011 is a stronger focus on eating fresh, local food. But that's probably just me being hopeful.

6. This New Year's Eve I will apparently go to bed a bit late (since I'm still here typing). I had a relaxing evening in and now I'm heading upstairs to read, listen to music and meditate.

7. A fresh start is sort of a myth. If you want a fresh start, really every moment is a new moment. But those moments are also imbued with the past, so it might be a change of direction, but it's not like we can really wipe the slate clean. And would we really want to?

Thanks for the awesome list Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment