Thursday, December 16, 2010

Slowing Down while Speeding Up

How do you slow down when you need to keep going full speed ahead? It's that time of year for me. Work (my day job) is really busy and I'm off between Christmas and New Years. So, of course, I'm cramming as much work into as little time as possible. I'm starting early, I'm working late. Everything that just doesn't feel right to me. I know it's short term, so I accept it and soldier on.

But I need to slow down somewhere, so here's how I've carved out time for me:

  • Yoga. Well, that was obvious wasn't it? When I add in Yoga (even a little bit), it helps the screeching wheels come to a halt and bring me some peace.
  • Reading. I love getting immersed in a good novel. I don't have a lot of time for it right now, but I make a little.
  • Making plans with friends and family. Last night I had a great supper out, shared, laughed, it was very restorative.
  • Taking a little time off (we're going storm watching in Tofino).
  • Laughing, a great way to relax and restore.
  • Shuffling my schedule and moving some stuff to January to lighten the work load.

How are you slowing things down a bit this holiday season?


No comments:

Post a Comment