Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Changing Lives with Yoga

I was reading Diane's post yesterday on Yoga for health and social transformation. The entire post is great and really doesn't necessarily relate to what I'm about to write about. However, at the beginning of the post she talks about ripple effects. And I was just thinking about that myself.

People who have children leave behind a legacy. Their children, their children's children, and everyone who's lives those children (etc) touch. It's a cascading effect. I made a decision year's ago to not have children and I'm an only child. I've always felt that many years from now, if I don't make a conscious effort to change something, I wouldn't leave behind a legacy. Sure, friends and distant family who love me, but nothing that would continue on in my absence.

Last night I felt that had changed. In teaching Yoga, I am helping people change their lives. I am helping them bring something positive into their lives. And some of my students will choose to pass that love and knowledge on to others, whether formally or informally.

Thank you to my students for helping me to create a legacy of Yoga. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share Yoga with you every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment